Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

latest flight issues

laelliott96
Explorer C

Has there been any consideration from the airline regarding travel in light of the recent complications which have caused emergency landings?  I have a trip scheduled with four children and I am a little nervous now that there has been so many incidents.  In fact, I am from Albuquerque and my cousin worked with the women who was killed as a result of an incident.  

Can someone please provide any information you may have regarding compensation for consideration for those who are no longer comfortable traveling with Southwest?

1 REPLY 1

Re: latest flight issues

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

To be honest, you don't have anything to worry about.

Following the tragedy on Southwest flight 1380, the media has reported on several incidents that happened on Southwest flights while overlooking similar incidents that have happened on other carriers. This is a common, but unfortunate, occurrence whenever a company suffers a tragedy or operational meltdown.

Keep in mind that Southwest has several thousand flights a day on over 700 aircraft and you can see that the chances of an incident occurring are very small. Also, Southwest has been flying for almost 47 years and has an enviable safety record.

As somebody who has flown many hundreds of flights on many different airlines without a single incident, I can assure you that you and your family are safe on Southwest.