Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

lost purse

lorastack
Explorer C

Hi,  I recently flew on Southwest Airlines to San Juan Puerto Rico with my boyfriend.  We were on the the first seats on the front row.  We had placed my purse underneath my seat.  The attendant came by and asked that we put it up in the baggage department over head.  When we landed there was a medical emergency so we were rushed to get our things and exit the plane.  We got our duffle bag and left my purse behind.  When we got to the hotel we realized this and called Southwest.  They told us to call the baggage area of the airport so we did.  When we did we were asked to describe the purse and they told us they had it.  We went back to airport from our Hotel (8 min drive thank goodness) went to baggage claim area and to a small room where lost and found baggages are kept and this nice man went in a back room and got my purse and I identified it and it was all intact!  Nothing was mssing and did not look like my purse had been messed with.  Kudos to Southwest Airline for checking behind their passengers and getting this where it needed to go.   I feel so fortunate to have my purse!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: lost purse

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @lorastack,

What a great story! Thank you for sharing it here on the Community. We I can certainly imagine how upsetting it would be to learn that you'd left your purse behind, and now much relief it must  have brought to get everything back in one piece. We look forward to bringing you more happy travel memories in the future!

Re: lost purse

ssingh7
Explorer C

I wish they wouldve done the same for me.  They didn't check and someone must have stole my purse, it was on Monday night when I was flying from SFO to Chicago, feeling super lost. Not that it is specifically southwest fault, but I really wish they would've checked behind!! 😞