Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Family travel and baggage check

IsabellaL1225
Explorer C

I will be traveling with my husband and two young sons, age 2.5 and 1 year. Both of them will need to have car seats checked and I will need to check one pack and play along with one bag. Since I will have 2 car seats and a pack and play being checked with my bag, how much extra would I have to pay? Also, would we be able to do family boarding? Is that something we have to put extra on our tickets? We don’t fly often, so I am 100% lost. Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Family travel and baggage check

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@IsabellaL1225 wrote:

I will be traveling with my husband and two young sons, age 2.5 and 1 year. Both of them will need to have car seats checked and I will need to check one pack and play along with one bag. Since I will have 2 car seats and a pack and play being checked with my bag, how much extra would I have to pay? Also, would we be able to do family boarding? Is that something we have to put extra on our tickets? We don’t fly often, so I am 100% lost. Thank you! 

No extra, each kid can have two baby gear items checked in addition to you and your husband's free two items each.

For family boarding just be at the gate a little early so you can line up near the gate, they will invite you to board as if you were position "A61" but don't stand in the regular A line, stand off to the side. It will be the area the pre-boarders congregated before they boarded earlier.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.