Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

“Where did I park?” app feature

jksobonya
Aviator A

So on my recent Tues-Wed trip I used the new “Where did I park?” feature in the Southwest app (iPhone). There is an option to take a photo and add notes, and I did both. When I returned from my trip and looked at “Where did I park?” none of the data was available! No photo and no notes! It was like I never entered anything. Thank goodness I remembered where I parked! 🤣

So I’m trying it again, this time I am just adding a note.  I want to see if the note remains after a day. If the app is only keeping the data for 24 hours, that isn’t helpful 😂  

Also as a side note - the Delete text is wrapping onto the next line for both notes and photos: 

IMG_4113.png

Has anyone else used this feature without any issues?

--Jessica

6 REPLIES 6

Re: “Where did I park?” app feature

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@jksobonya wrote:

So on my recent Tues-Wed trip I used the new “Where did I park?” feature in the Southwest app (iPhone). There is an option to take a photo and add notes, and I did both. When I returned from my trip and looked at “Where did I park?” none of the data was available! No photo and no notes! It was like I never entered anything. Thank goodness I remembered where I parked! 🤣

So I’m trying it again, this time I am just adding a note.  I want to see if the note remains after a day. If the app is only keeping the data for 24 hours, that isn’t helpful 😂  

Also as a side note - the Delete text is wrapping onto the next line for both notes and photos: 

--Jessica

Hi Jessica- 

I have never used this feature but have an upcoming Tue-Wed trip coming up later in October. I found the option on my phone app and I'll try to reproduce what you saw during this trip so that it is in conjunction with an active flight itinerary.

Looks like you're doing an offline 'test' of this feature. You know the drill if it disappears after 24 hours...let 'em know:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/ 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@jksobonya wrote:

--Jessica

Hi Jessica- 

I have never used this feature but have an upcoming Tue-Wed trip coming up later in October. I found the option on my phone app and I'll try to reproduce what you saw during this trip so that it is in conjunction with an active flight itinerary.

Looks like you're doing an offline 'test' of this feature. You know the drill if it disappears after 24 hours...let 'em know:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/ 

Yes for sure! From what I can tell the parking feature isn't directly tied to a flight or anything like that - it looks like you can use it at any time. That probably makes sense because you could be flying any number of places on different itineraries and your parking info should remain until you go back in and delete it. Let me know how it works for you!

I may have just found the culprit - I logged out of the app entirely, logged back in, and the parking data is gone. While logged in, I added a note again, it saved, but when I log out/back in, it's gone. So that's fun. I will have to report it 🙂 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

now Jessica -- you didn't lose your car -- did you?

😃😃😃

jksobonya
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

now Jessica -- you didn't lose your car -- did you?

😃😃😃

Thankfully I remembered where I left it! 🙃

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

Just hit the alarm and magically your car will appear 😜

oh and you might look on the 4th floor for starters 

Emavo
Explorer C

Simply activate the alarm, and like magic, your car will make its appearance.

Additionally, you might want to begin your search on the fourth floor.