Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

College Golf Team Reservations

Lawjim01
Explorer C

Hope someone can help!

Need information regarding if it’s possible to reserve seats/flights for my golf team without names as they must qualify to travel.  In other words, I need 6 seats total, but 5 of those need to be reserved without names until they official qualify for the travel event.  To that end, I can reserve the flight in my name as obviously I'll make the trip but my players will need to compete for a position and I don't want to wait until week of travel to confirm seats/flight as options are obviously diminished.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: College Golf Team Reservations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest's group travel program allows name changes up to 72 hours prior to departure, but according to the online info you need a minimum of 10 people.

Details can be found here: https://www.southwest.com/html/air/business-groups/group-travel.html

It might be worth calling the group reservations number listed on the page to see if there is any flexibility in the number of passengers.

Re: College Golf Team Reservations

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Southwest's group travel program allows name changes up to 72 hours prior to departure, but according to the online info you need a minimum of 10 people.

Details can be found here: https://www.southwest.com/html/air/business-groups/group-travel.html

It might be worth calling the group reservations number listed on the page to see if there is any flexibility in the number of passengers.

There isn't. Minimum of 10 required.

Also, Groups is notoriously difficult to work with. The department is understaffed, and phone hold times are often hours+ long (seriously). And reservations booked thorough Groups cannot add EarlyBird Check-In to their itineraries. Essentially, you accept the limitations and inconvenience of working with them in exchange for a small discount and the flexibility of name changes and paying later.