Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wi-Fi Receipt Dont get Inflight Wi-Fi if you need a receipt, just not worth the effort!

mitchthreadgill
Explorer C

Purchased Wi-Fi in flight from CHI to DEN
Started support with the AI chat, after 10 minutes of begging for a real person, the real person CANT help me.  Sends me a link to email customer service, 30 minutes later I receive an email to call them LOL, why couldnt that be in the chat.

Called the number and they tell me they CANT help me either, I have to wait 3 days for them to contact me, as it is a 3rd party.

It really floors me that what must be an EXTREMELY common NEED by business clients that there is not something a LOT more conveinent in place.
The APP said it sent my receipt, I never received an email or any other documentation on the purchase.
So 2.5 hours of my day and then now 3 days to wait!!!

AND TO DRYLY PASS ME AROUND THE SUPPORT TEAM ONLY TO FIND THAT THERE IS NO HELP THAT ANY OF THEM CAN PORVIDE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY!!!!!!!
Disney's Goofy running the show over there or what?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wi-Fi Receipt Dont get Inflight Wi-Fi if you need a receipt, just not worth the effort!

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try sending a message to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook (sounds weird I know) but they usually respond fast there 

I do agree it should just automatically send a receipt when you enter your email on the payment page. 

Re: Wi-Fi Receipt Dont get Inflight Wi-Fi if you need a receipt, just not worth the effort!

floridaguy
Aviator C

A few weeks ago, I gave a suggestion on this board to a Southwest employee.  My suggestion was that if the bandwidth for your device suggests that the wifi didn't work, do the refund automatically.

This strategy could have already been implemented.

For now, just ask for a refund or dispute the charge on your credit card.

I gave Southwest a viable option.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mitchthreadgill wrote:

Purchased Wi-Fi in flight from CHI to DEN
Started support with the AI chat, after 10 minutes of begging for a real person, the real person CANT help me.  Sends me a link to email customer service, 30 minutes later I receive an email to call them LOL, why couldnt that be in the chat.

Called the number and they tell me they CANT help me either, I have to wait 3 days for them to contact me, as it is a 3rd party.

It really floors me that what must be an EXTREMELY common NEED by business clients that there is not something a LOT more conveinent in place.
The APP said it sent my receipt, I never received an email or any other documentation on the purchase.
So 2.5 hours of my day and then now 3 days to wait!!!

AND TO DRYLY PASS ME AROUND THE SUPPORT TEAM ONLY TO FIND THAT THERE IS NO HELP THAT ANY OF THEM CAN PORVIDE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY!!!!!!!
Disney's Goofy running the show over there or what?

I take a screenshot of the purchase page if I'll be submitting it. Email has usually worked for me but just in case.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.