Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Budget Car Rental

kalypso
Explorer C

Avoid using Budget Car Rental. They did a recall on the vehicle i had rented, said i should return it immediately to the nearest Budget location, but when i did, at first the agent said they couldn't take it. then after checking with another location, agreed to take it, but informed me that I MUST HAVE THE FUEL TANK FILLED. They actually wanted to save themselves money by making me continue to drive an unsafe vehicle to go fill the tank.

Additionally, after that debacle, i determined i needed to use that particular rental to apply to Southwest Airlines and keep my Rapid rewards active. i followed their instructions on where to mail the rental agreements to apply the points. i Just now called after having mailed a month ago and the phone agent said they have not received.

It would behoove you not to use Budget as it sure looks like they are surely not providing sufficient customer service.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Avoid Budget Car Rental

Asbestes
Explorer C

Avoid using Budget Car Rental.  They now have a policy where any tolls incurred during the rental are sent to a collection agency, Violation Management Services (VMS), BEFORE you get the toll.  This cost $50, and I still have not received the toll from the toll road provider.  I recommend Southwest flyers use a different car rental agency - they may have a different policy (hopefully)!

I'm sad about this because I have been a Fastbreak Customer for years, and spend a couple thousand a year on car rentals.  But this process is a clear rip-off - I contacted both Budget, VMS, and my credit card company before I began posting these notices on all available social media.  Good luck!

Re: Avoid Budget Car Rental

franktravel
Aviator B

I have used Alamo exclusively for the past 25 years.  I highly recommend!  Points from rentals are deposited in my RR account the next day after return.  The self serve kiosk makes the rental quick and easy and bypass the long lines at the counter.