Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass expires in middle of round trip booking

alimaes1
Explorer C

Just got a companion pass which expires 2/28/25.  Looking to book a round trip flight that departs 2/23 and returns 3/2, meaning the pass would expire before the second flight.  Does anyone know if I'll be able to book these flights and use the companion pass for both?  Do both flights need to be in the expiration window, or since the first flight is in the window would I be able to use for both flights?  Can't find any information in the terms and conditions that outline this.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion pass expires in middle of round trip booking

05bardic
Explorer B
Solution

You would not be able to book a companion on the 3/2 return flight. If you book two separate trips instead of one round-trip. you can at least use the companion pass for the 2/23 flight. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@05bardic wrote:

You would not be able to book a companion on the 3/2 return flight. If you book two separate trips instead of one round-trip. you can at least use the companion pass for the 2/23 flight. 

This must be some promotional pass? I'm not sure how you got February of next year but assuming the date are correct this is the best advice to book one-ways and then you can use CP on one leg and pay for the other.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

*And then keep booking one-ways in general as it is often helpful in cases like this. You could probably call and get this done, but then you'll lose the ability to self service changes to the itinerary.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

05bardic
Explorer B

@DancingDavidE wrote:This must be some promotional pass? I'm not sure how you got February of next year but assuming the date are correct this is the best advice to book one-ways and then you can use CP on one leg and pay for the other.

@DancingDavidE Yep, Chase recently ran a promotion to earn CP through 2/28/25.