Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do I need to wait - buying tickets w/ companion pass

pjkbk
Explorer C

Just purchased rt tickets to receive the companion pass for travel 8/24-10/24.

My question is do I need to wait til the pass is activated to book for me and my companion OR can I book a flight tomorrow and then just add them when it is activated?

Couldn't find clear answers

Thank you!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Do I need to wait - buying tickets w/ companion pass

05bardic
Explorer B

You can buy your ticket anytime, then add your companion when the pass gets added to your account. After you have the CP, under your Upcoming Trips you'll see a link to "Add Companion" next to each flight. 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@pjkbk wrote:

Just purchased rt tickets to receive the companion pass for travel 8/24-10/24.

My question is do I need to wait til the pass is activated to book for me and my companion OR can I book a flight tomorrow and then just add them when it is activated?

Couldn't find clear answers

Thank you!!!

@05bardic is correct.

During past promos, approximately 24 hours after I completed my required flights, I got an email saying "You've earned promotional Companion Pass®! You did it!". This email explains that travel can be booked anytime but the Companion feature gets added on the actual start date of the period.

On the first day the Companion Pass goes into effect, I got a second email saying "Your Promotional Companion Pass is in your account and ready for takeoff" with the instructions of how to designate the Companion to the Rapid Rewards account followed by directions of how to add the Companion to either existing or new reservations. 

epcot
Adventurer C

Here's the info for this particular promo:

"You can book travel now, and starting August 5, 2024, you can add your Companion to your existing reservations. You’ll have until October 2, 2024 to enjoy the benefits of this offer. We can’t wait to see you and your Companion onboard soon!?"