Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do Refunded RR Points Expire if Account Otherwise Maintained Through Qualifying Activity?

mgwilde
Explorer C

We had to cancel flights booked with RR points and the points were refunded to my account and the gov't fees refunded to my credit card. However, the cancellation confirmation I received suggests that the refunded points expire if not used within one year of the original reservation date.  Other references on this site indicate RR points never expire so long as we keep the account current through qualifying activity.  It seems the one-year use it or lose it rule would apply to Travel Funds where the original reservation was made in $$ (cash or credit) but not to RR points but I don't want to blow the points if I have a deadline to use them.  I would appreciate guidance on this!  Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Do Refunded RR Points Expire if Account Otherwise Maintained Through Qualifying Activity?

franktravel
Aviator B

Refunded points do not have an expiration date.  You can loose all your points if after two years of no activity in your Rapid Rewards account.