Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Drink Coupons for business travelers

wescow
New Arrival

Does any one have this problem? Tough to drink heading to business meeting or just wanting to get home safely from a business trip. It would be nice to trade these in. WIN_20170505_14_08_15_Pro.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Drink Coupons for business travelers

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

Maybe there is a neat origami project you can undertake.

A few times I had to book on short notice with Business Select and didn't use a coupon since it was early in the morning, but my collection isn't quite that large.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CJF
New Arrival

Some would say  "a pleasant problem to have".    Whenever I accumulate more drink coupons than I expect to use,  I  look for  a service member in uniform and offer him or her a coupon.  

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

Many people now have many, many extra drink coupons, as Southwest recently settled a class action lawsuit over initially requiring Business Select drink coupons to be used only on the original flight (without stating that on the coupon). I received 60. 😉 Unfortunately (for me) but fortunately (for traveling partners and/or friendly people seated nearby) they all expire in May, 2018.

@CJF wrote:

Some would say  "a pleasant problem to have".    Whenever I accumulate more drink coupons than I expect to use,  I  look for  a service member in uniform and offer him or her a coupon.  

Service members are not suposed to drink alcohol while in uniform.

nashhorn
New Arrival

A great idea and one I've tried but my understanding now is a serviceman or woman is not supposed to drink in public when in uniform. Might be wrong though. 

Esteban

I can take some from you if they are a burden:-P

daamonkeyboy
New Arrival

One way to get rid of some would be to throw away the ones that have expired....#humblebrag....