Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Promotions and Action Based Points Missing

Littlekras
Explorer C

I have the Chase Southwest Credit Card and try to take advantage of all the promotions Chase Offers, but I also click to register on all the Southwest Promotions.  I have noticed that Southwest Airlines are not giving the points for those promotions. 

Specifically, in my case, the 2023 companion pass accelerator and the 2023 Tier accelerator that I clicked to register on the SWA account.  I met all the qualifications, and they are not credited to my account.  I have filed complaints with SWA and the response has been that chase gives those points.  The Promotions are SWA Promotions and not Chase, so Chase says SWA has to apply them.   Either way they are not applying promotions that you sign up for and not giving the points that were earned.  I'm showing 0 action/other points in all of 9/23-12/23 when all their major promotions were done and I reggistered for.

So, we'll see what they do this year on the Promotions that i just registered for 2024 for the 2x on flights, 4x on spend and 25% on purchases. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Promotions and Action Based Points Missing

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you register for a CP accelerator, and hit the mark, you get CP qualifying points -- not RR points.

Littlekras
Explorer C

Is there a place you can track the Tier and Companion Pass qualifying points?  The Points are not reflecting in the Points Activity on my account. (not my RR points)

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

@Littlekras  when viewing Points Activity, click the drop down menu under Point Type.  This is where you will so those Promotion Points.  

Keep in mind, it takes about 8 weeks for the points to post after the promotion has ended.  

Littlekras
Explorer C

Yes, the problem is I am not seeing the CP qualifying points credited to me in the Points Activity Center.  In 2023 or 2024 there were no additional points beyond my credit card spend, although I had registered for the promotions. 

Flipflopman
Explorer C

I lost my A-List status this year as well due to SWA and Chase not following what they promised years ago.  SWA has "Changed" their criteria this year to mask the lack of transparency that they have with their card program.

I will cancel the CC as soon as I pay the next cycle and I will use the several hundred points I have saved and will never fly them again.  They need to hear from loss of sales that they cannot abuse their customers!

dfwskier
Aviator A

What did they promise "years ago?"

How do you plan to spend your "hundreds" of points since the lowest price for a ticket is probsbly 2000 or so.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I have been waiting for several promotions to post from both mine and my husbands credit cards.  I have registered for several and didn't track exactly the timeframes, but know that I met the requirements and they have not been posted.  I started to get suspicious and now find others are impacted.  I believe that I am still within their 8 week stated timeframe so I have not pursued it with SW yet, but I don't have a good feeling about it so started looking to see if others are having issues.  What I don't like is that I cannot find a place to show which I have registered for since they disappear from your account when the promotion time from is over.  Does anyone know where those can be found?  I started to track them in a spreadsheet.  In the past I have never had issues with the points being posted right away. 

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I did reach out to SW on promotions I registered for.  I could not find the specific details on the website but she directed me to my emails where I did have verification of the timeframes and the promotions;  All promotions said they post within 8 weeks of the end of the promotion (not when qualified) so they aren't due to post to account for a couple weeks still.  I found the ones from 2023 and they did post to my account, about 4-8 weeks after the promotion ended. 

Littlekras
Explorer C

When I called them a representative told me which promotions I signed up for and the dates they were through.  They were also confused as to why they aren't showing on my points activity screen.