Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Plus and Business card

Snarfrar
Explorer C

Hi, my husband just closed his southwest premier card (after 3 years) and he just applied and got approved for a SW Plus card. What I’m wondering is if he could apply for the southwest business card? I’m a self employed hairdresser but have a bankruptcy from 8 years ago on my credit so I won’t be approved. Could he apply and add me as an alternate user? We’d like get the companion status and I’d like to use the business card for purchasing business related expenses.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest Plus and Business card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Ultimately this would be up to Chase. Their first approach is to have the business listed as the co-signer, and I've heard they also accept 1099's for indpendent contractors.

I don't know if this would work for your husband if the independent business isn't in his name but the credit card would be.

Let us know how it goes.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Rick3515
Explorer A

Your husband should be able to apply for the business card. I was able to apply for the card for my wifes business and had no issues. If Chase denies you for whatever reason, dont give up. Call the Chase business reconsideration line and you may just get approved.

Snarfrar
Explorer C

Did you put her social in as the tax number or yours?