Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

how do I find out how many points I used on ticket?

bbqsmoke
Explorer C

I am tryhing to find where the information for how many points I used to book a flight I have not yet taken.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: how do I find out how many points I used on ticket?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

That information is in your confirmation email, near the bottom, under Cost and Payment Summary.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 4.21.32 PM.png

Unfortunately, if you booked a round-trip, it only shows the total -- not the points breakdown for each leg.

mcoppola
Explorer C

Is it anywhere on my rapid rewards account? If one deletes confirmation email, there is no way of knowing????

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mcoppola hopefully my response on your other post answered your question. Here again is my response:

another trick is to go to the My Trips section of your Southwest account and select "change flight" for the reservation you're interested in.  Find and select a new flight (any flight will work becuase you're not actually going to change the flight you have booked), then after you select the new flight the next screen will tell you how many RR points you can apply from the original flight.  That's the amount used to complete the booking.  Make sure you cancel or close the window here and dont confirm the change.

mcoppola
Explorer C

Thank you. I did see this reply. I thought there might be a simple screen for trips noting  price or points paid.

it would seem simple enough to do. It seems that the airline is wishing to make it difficult for customers to know what they paid for their flights.