Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Credit Error Code: 400522146

Vsb79
Explorer C

Hi

I am able to see the flight credits in my RapidRewards account but get an error when I attempt to apply it.  "Sorry, we found some errors....Confirmation number and/or passenger name incorrect." Error Code: 400522146 .  A google search revealed that another user whose first name was also two words was getting the same error. It seems like the system treats the second word of the first name as the middle name. She was able to just use the first word of her first name and her last name and successfully apply the Flight credit. I tried various combinations but lucked out. I just don't want to call the customer service as there are long wait times and I also need this to be fixed in the system so that it allows me to make reservations online. This would also help anyone else who has a similar situation. 

Thank You for your time and attention in helping resolve this situation.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Flight Credit Error Code: 400522146

dfwskier
Aviator A

You have to enter your name exactly as it was entered when the first ticket was bought.

Do you have the confirmation e-mail that SW sent when you bought the ticket?

Vsb79
Explorer C

I did enter the name exactly as in the reservation. It just doesn't work. And yes, I do have a confirmation email that shows my name as per SW reservation system. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Vsb79 wrote:

I did enter the name exactly as in the reservation. It just doesn't work. And yes, I do have a confirmation email that shows my name as per SW reservation system. 

Don't use your real name here necessarily but can you give an example if there is punctuation, etc. that's throwing it off?

Review the email that came back with the travel credit just to double check that the systems are all using the same interpretation.

Otherwise I do think you'll have to call or use Twitter (wait until they request a direct message to share any personally identifiable information).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jhw1015
Explorer C
Solution

I had this same problem because I have two first names.  What fixed it for me was creating a new person who will fly on the new ticket I was purchasing with the first name of my first name and my last name, then I applied the credit with the same first name and last name as well as confirmation number, then afterwards switched it back to my real first name and last name.  For example if my name was Mary Grace (first name) Smith (last name) then under the who is flying section I entered first name: Mary, last name: Smith.  In the apply credit section I put, confirmation number, first name: Mary, last name: Grace, then once the credit was applied I switched it back to my correct ID info: Mary Grace Smith.

Hope this helps!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jhw1015 wrote:

I had this same problem because I have two first names.  What fixed it for me was creating a new person who will fly on the new ticket I was purchasing with the first name of my first name and my last name, then I applied the credit with the same first name and last name as well as confirmation number, then afterwards switched it back to my real first name and last name.  For example if my name was Mary Grace (first name) Smith (last name) then under the who is flying section I entered first name: Mary, last name: Smith.  In the apply credit section I put, confirmation number, first name: Mary, last name: Grace, then once the credit was applied I switched it back to my correct ID info: Mary Grace Smith.

Hope this helps!

That's a good hack to know, thanks for posting it!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ehbo487
Explorer C

This worked for me. I created an account just to say thank you!

I was able to populate the ticket with a saved passenger info. Then, I deleted the second first name. Then I applied the voucher and typed the second part of the first name back in.

uppityup
Explorer C

Created an account just to thank you!  It was so frustrating, I even contacted SW twice and escalated but they couldn't do anything.  Not sure how much blood and tears it took you to find this solution, but you're an angel for sharing.

Thanks!

sskotha
Explorer C

I have the same issue. My first name has two names (with a space), and it is the same in my passport, DL, etc. No punctuation or special characters. And I always need to call customer care to use my flight credits because I cannot use them on the website, I keep getting this error. Southwest, please please please fix this. This has wasted SO MANY HOURS of my time trying to figure out why it wasn't working and then trying to call customer care to book my flight for me.

uppityup
Explorer C

See jhw1015's post above for the solution. Takes seconds.