Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Issues with my Booking using Southwest Hotel

klepham1014
Explorer C

I am so frustrated with SWA hotels. I booked 2 rooms specifically, Cottages with 2 queen beds as a non-refundable because I know that I won't need to cancel because that is the hotel and the dates that I will be travelling.  I need a total of 4 beds (hence 2 cottages with 2 queen beds).  Unbeknown to me, I checked my confirmation and the confirmation show me 2 premium king bed and it's not even cottages.  It's inside the hotel. I called the concierge but they were not help.  All they said was the relevant team confirmed there were no system issue when I booked the rooms.  I even show them several screen shots and also a video if I select the cottages with 2 queen beds the price matches my charge amount and then I select the premium king, the price was totally different.  And yet, they said I booked premium king.  I was on the phone with them for over 1.5 hours.  The last thing they offer me was that they could cancel my reservations but there is no guaranteed that I will get that amount back...I paid over $5500 for those bookings!!! I am beyong frustrated at this point.  The only reason why I booked with SWA hotels for the points to build up for the companion pass.  If I booked straight with the hotel it would have been cheaper.  

1 REPLY 1

Re: Issues with my Booking using Southwest Hotel

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@klepham1014 wrote:

I am so frustrated with SWA hotels. I booked 2 rooms specifically, Cottages with 2 queen beds as a non-refundable because I know that I won't need to cancel because that is the hotel and the dates that I will be travelling.  I need a total of 4 beds (hence 2 cottages with 2 queen beds).  Unbeknown to me, I checked my confirmation and the confirmation show me 2 premium king bed and it's not even cottages.  It's inside the hotel. I called the concierge but they were not help.  All they said was the relevant team confirmed there were no system issue when I booked the rooms.  I even show them several screen shots and also a video if I select the cottages with 2 queen beds the price matches my charge amount and then I select the premium king, the price was totally different.  And yet, they said I booked premium king.  I was on the phone with them for over 1.5 hours.  The last thing they offer me was that they could cancel my reservations but there is no guaranteed that I will get that amount back...I paid over $5500 for those bookings!!! I am beyong frustrated at this point.  The only reason why I booked with SWA hotels for the points to build up for the companion pass.  If I booked straight with the hotel it would have been cheaper.  

Greetings:

I'm a frequent customer of Southwest Hotels. Booking.com operates the booking process. What you describe here appears to be unusual. It looks like you did the right thing by capturing the screenshots as you made your booking. At this point, I would compile and organize these to document that your intended purchase was booking the cottages.

I would capture the posted total price for both the Cottages and the Premium King rooms on the page where you fill out guest details and confirm the room descriptions are correct on this page. Next, capture the amount of the transaction posted to your credit card statement which should document the actual charges.

Now compare: If the charges match up with the posted price of the cottages but your receipt calls out the Premium King room but with the cost of the cottages, it is evident that the reps were incorrect and a serious glitch occurred on the Booking.com system that has to be rectified. Otherwise, if your statement posts the cost of the Premium King rooms, it's likely an incorrect room selection was made and submitted (if that's the case, this may not be changeable).

If however it turns out you actually paid for the cottages but were booked for Premium King, I would do a final verification with the hotel to see if you were actually booked for the Premium King in lieu of the cottages. If the hotel has you booked for the cottages, you should be good to go.

If otherwise you are booked for the Premium King room, I would gather all of the documentation and submit it to the Southwest Hotels concierge email address.

Also mention in the email that you attempted to rectify by calling the concierge line but they were not able to resolve. I would give them a few days to respond before escalating this to a dispute should they not resolve. At that point, Booking.com has an internal dispute form that you can try:

https://secure.booking.com/dispute_resolution.en-us.html

Going forward, I would always book with the Free Cancelation option, even if there's a minor upcharge. This is especially true if involves higher-cost bookings and something comes up. I usually don't buy into traveler's insurance but do pay the extra few dollars for the free cancellation option as I've needed to use it a few times due to lock in price drops.