Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

if one could a make a SWA song what would it be?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

"Bring me a wing, gonig so fast it's a blast, over the great plains on the great plane!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: if one could a make a SWA song what would it be?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@CupCrusher40 wrote:

"Bring me a wing, gonig so fast it's a blast, over the great plains on the great plane!

I'm no song writer but if I were asked to lead such a project, I would prep some kind of specification sheet outlining what I would think the chorus and verses should include and let the professional songwriter and artist do their magic (e.g. Travis Tritt performed a customized version of "Bible Belt" in the 90's for the end credit roll for "My Cousin Vinny" which effectively describe the movie's story). Maybe something similar that describes Southwest's former catchphrase "free to move about the country" without it sounding like a commercial.

Maybe also throw in some words unique to the airline (e.g. Wanna) but don't over do it.

Example Specs:

Title: Make it Freedom-Focused in relation to mobility.

Verse 1: How Southwest began (e.g. The triangle of the Texas cities drawn on a napkin) without directly mentioning Southwest.

Chorus: Focus the message on freedom with a little bit on the freedom to move. Maybe include the words "LUV" or "Wanna" in these lines but keep the Southwest marketing conservative so the freedom message is not lost.

Verse 2: Additional lines that describe Southwests's Business Model that helps gives people the freedom to move (what makes it unique) without mentioning Southwest. Maybe even include one other Southwest-unique item like "A1-A15" as an adjective somewhere (e.g. quoting from the original poster "Bring me a wing, going so fast it will be an A1 through 15 blast"). Again, don't over do it on Southwest wording but just enough to hint to the listener.

Chorus

Bridge: A few more lines on freedom but focus on freedom from addictions as the bridge with a small mentioning of how seat leather frees people. Base the lines on the airline's contributions of its seat leather to Unshattered which is reworked into new bags as a tool to help prevent relapse:
https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/1652719469033140224

Chorus x2

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

I think you ARE a songwriter, SoCalFlyer. That was great!

jksobonya
Aviator A

The perfect song already exists!

🎶 Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly awayIf you can use some exotic boozeThere's a bar in far BombayCome on, fly with me, we'll float down in the blue 🎶

🎶 Fly with me, float down to PeruIn llama land there's a one man bandAnd he'll toot his flute for youFly with me, we'll take off in the blue 🎶

--Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

The perfect song already exists!

🎶 Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly awayIf you can use some exotic boozeThere's a bar in far BombayCome on, fly with me, we'll float down in the blue 🎶

🎶 Fly with me, float down to PeruIn llama land there's a one man bandAnd he'll toot his flute for youFly with me, we'll take off in the blue 🎶

--Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra

*Peru, IL - use Chicago Midway or O'hare as destination.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I bet that last December the stranded folks would have chosen "I can't get no satisfaction" by the Stones. Earlier in it's existence I would have voted for "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf,

floridaguy
Aviator C

Pre...board.....pre....board.....over the ocean blue......

You paid for business select and I got to board ahead of you......