Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Damaged luggage

SarasotaArk
Explorer C

I flew on Southwest on Wednesday, November 22, 2023 from Sarasota to Nashville to Raleigh -Durham.  When I arrived at Raleigh Durham my one piece of luggage was badly damaged.  There was no damage to any contents.  I do have photos of the damage.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Damaged luggage

dfwskier
Aviator A

I hope you filed a damaged bag report before you left the airport. That's supposed to be done within 4 hours of getting the bag

SarasotaArk
Explorer C

No, unfortunately, I did not report the bag being damaged before I left the airport.  Does that mean that Southwest will do NOTHING to compensate me for damaging my luggage?  That is honestly not an acceptable solution.  please reconsider.  Thank you.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SarasotaArk wrote:

No, unfortunately, I did not report the bag being damaged before I left the airport.  Does that mean that Southwest will do NOTHING to compensate me for damaging my luggage?  That is honestly not an acceptable solution.  please reconsider.  Thank you.

We're just customers on here - use the Contact Southwest Customer Service or the luggage form to submit an official request.

One of the common comments though is that you can't wait very long to file a claim as they don't know what's happening after the luggage leaves the airport.

Good luck!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gsking
Aviator C

Yeah, I suspect after leaving the airport, you're out of luck.

My bag came down the conveyer with the handle out and bent.  Why they took it out, I have no idea.  It was hard to get back in, so they left it out and it got trashed.

I turned and saw the baggage CSA standing there.  I made a face and she walked inside and printed me a $200 voucher. 

Couldn't have been easier.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Yeah, I suspect after leaving the airport, you're out of luck.

My bag came down the conveyer with the handle out and bent.  Why they took it out, I have no idea.  It was hard to get back in, so they left it out and it got trashed.

I turned and saw the baggage CSA standing there.  I made a face and she walked inside and printed me a $200 voucher. 

Couldn't have been easier.

Sorry about your bag, glad you got a voucher easily. 😬

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.