Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Expired travel fund fine.

thaoiutammy
Explorer C

I gave SouthWest airline a call before my travel fund expired asking if I can extend the date of my travel fund so I can purchased a ticket in May. The customer representative told me I just need to wait for it to expire and gave them a call to extend it. I asked my questions again multiple time to make sure. She never told me $100 would be deducted. If She told me, I would've just purchase a ticket right then and there for March instead.  I gave Southwest customer relation a call and they said there's nothing they can do. I felt like SouthWest robbed me $100 for not giving me all of the informations necessary the first time I called. I'm not an expert on travel fund since this is my first time. Is there really no exception to the fine?  I'm sure the call record is still there when I called before my travel fund exprired.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Expired travel fund fine.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry you weren't informed, but it's been standard practice to reduce the value of a travel fund by $100 when reinstating it after expiration, and yes, that's the only way to extend the expiration. This is done on case by case basis and I've not heard of the fee ever being waved. If you had booked a flight with the funds you would have needed to complete the travel before the expiration date so now you've got a little more time to complete your travel, but with $100 less value.

--TheMiddleSeat