Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

PayPal Pending Payment

Explorer C

Dear Support:

This is my first time booking with SWA, and it appears that it will be my last experience dealing with SWA without even flying.

I am based in the UK and booked a flight PHX-LAX using PayPal. I only used PayPal because the booking systems does not accept European addresses. Upon completion, I recieved an error, similar to this, this and this. However, I also received a confirmation email from SWA. This is confusing. I immediately contacted the SWA support, explained the situation and they said that  the payment has gone through. This is more confusing because my PayPal history shows that payment is only an authorisation request from SWA and it is not complete. I also contacted PayPal and they say that they cannot release it unless SWA complete the process.

I am flying from LAX to LHR the same day, so I need to make sure everything is set. This is quite frustrating as I do not wish to be in situation where SWA says that there is no such ticket because there was no payment.

What is going on? How do I confirm or cancel with the pending payment?

I used SWA based on recommendations from friends and family in the US, but I do not think I will use it again.

1 REPLY 1

Re: PayPal Pending Payment

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

This website isn't actually support. Your best bet is to reach out to Southwest customer service, I recommend via Twitter for the quickest response.

Unfortunately as you have now learned, Southwest's PayPal implementation is buggy, and a frequent source of complaint.