Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Voucher expiration

Bandybooks
Explorer C

I have a question. I used a voucher I received because on my last trip with Southwest, my luggage was damaged and some of my belongings were lost. With said voucher, I purchased a round trip ticket. I used one half of that trip, and due to extenuating circumstances, needed to cancel the second half. Now the funds for future use are being limited by the expiration date from the voucher I used to make that purchase. Why can those funds not be applied to the half I've already used so I have a year to use the remaining funds? The whole reason I had a small credit in the first place was because of distress on a previous trip, so it seems reasonable that an adjustment could be made here.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Voucher expiration

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately -- it's too late to help now -- if you book only one-way trips, the funds would have been used up on the initial flight. As a general rule, it's a good idea to always book one-way flights on Southwest.

Unfortunately, Southwest will not extend the expiration of any travel funds or vouchers. If the amount is over $100 you may be able to have them reissued after expiration, minus a $100 fee.