expired voucher

Belinda1
Explorer C

my voucher has expired, I would like to extend it & add to my RR

2 REPLIES 2

Re: expired voucher

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You'll need to call Southwest and make this request. There is no official policy so ask nicely and hopefully they will help you. Typically there is a $100 charge to extend expiration.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

Re: expired voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Do you have Travel Funds or a Voucher

Travel Funds are the result of a cancelled or changed itinerary. They are held under the original confirmation number. They expire one year from the original purchase date, and are valid towards airfare, taxes and fees for the original passenger(s) only. When you apply these to a new booking, that booking takes on the oldest expiration date of any funds used. Once expired, travel funds may be reissued (as a Voucher) for a fee of $100 per ticket. The fee is deducted from the travel funds balance, meaning that it's only worth requesting this exception when the funds balance is greater than $100.

Vouchers are given by Customer Relations for things like delays or baggage issues, or when travel funds are reissued for a fee after expiration. They are valid for air fare only (no taxes or fees) but can be used by anyone. They generally expire one year (or six months in the case of reissued travel funds) from the date of issue. Vouchers are generally not reissued once expired. However, depending on why/how you received the voucher initially (for example, if it was because of a customer service issue) Southwest may reissue it, and if so, there is no fee. To request, you'll need to reach out to Customer Relations -- my recomendation is via Twitter direct message.