Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

lost item shipped overnight... no tracking number?

stina117
Explorer C

My wife filed a lost item report after losing airpods on a plane, we got to the point where they shipped them but we paid for overnight shipping Friday night and it's late on Saturday night and they aren't here yet. The shipping email didn't include a tracking number. Has anyone had similar issues? I trust that they've shipped it but I'm getting nervous. 

Maybe they sent it past the Friday to Saturday overnight cutoff so it will be here Monday? Just worried about the lack of a tracking number 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: lost item shipped overnight... no tracking number?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@stina117 wrote:

My wife filed a lost item report after losing airpods on a plane, we got to the point where they shipped them but we paid for overnight shipping Friday night and it's late on Saturday night and they aren't here yet. The shipping email didn't include a tracking number. Has anyone had similar issues? I trust that they've shipped it but I'm getting nervous. 

Maybe they sent it past the Friday to Saturday overnight cutoff so it will be here Monday? Just worried about the lack of a tracking number 

Hello

Sorry to hear you lost your earbuds. It sounds like you've already initiated contact with Southwest and they have overnight-shipped them to you. Since this community discussion forum is customer-to-customer and will not be able to directly process your claim, I would follow up with the party that you've already initiated contact with (assuming Southwest Customer Service) and have them track the package and provide you with an updated delivery date. I would also request the actual tracking number and the carrier used as I understand there may be weekend delivery exceptions with some carriers or locations. 

stina117
Explorer C

thanks! yeah i went through the official channels and asked for a tracking number, i just also wondering if anyone had had the same issue while i was waiting for a southwest response  

bec102896
Aviator A

Keep in mind Monday is a holiday so it might arrive Tuesday/Wednesday. I have noticed with some companies when they create the shipping label they mark as shipped even though the item is still in their possession. Maybe once it leaves the lost and found it will generate a tracking number?