Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase VISA points not posting

soccermom313
Explorer C

I've spoken twice this week with SWA trying to figure out why the 7,409 points at statement end that Chase confirmed was sent over on 9/19/23 have not yet posted. I was told there is a known issue and IT is working on this, but wanted to confirm. Anyone having this issue?

Between these points and the points that will post mid October, I will earn my companion pass and want to start booking my holiday travel (hence the urgency;)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Chase VISA points not posting

soccermom313
Explorer C
Solution

Issue resolved soon after I posted. Thank you!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@soccermom313 wrote:

Issue resolved soon after I posted. Thank you!

Our replies crossed paths 🙂

Great to hear!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@soccermom313 wrote:

I've spoken twice this week with SWA trying to figure out why the 7,409 points at statement end that Chase confirmed was sent over on 9/19/23 have not yet posted. I was told there is a known issue and IT is working on this, but wanted to confirm. Anyone having this issue?

Between these points and the points that will post mid October, I will earn my companion pass and want to start booking my holiday travel (hence the urgency;)

Hello-

It sounds like you're already working with Southwest on this. I would wait on this until tomorrow morning. That's because I was booking some flights online yesterday under this promotion and the website was acting a little slow and glitchy during the afternoon (e.g. the WOW50 banner ad would sometimes not show up at all but show a generic Southwest banner, account login session drops, etc.).

Southwest also simultaneously posted a job opening posting for Flight Attendants yesterday morning that lasted a few hours and most likely received an overwhelming response from the public given the amount of posting activity on this message board; that job posting had known issues too as this message board is flooded with comments that documents that the Flight Attendant posting unexpectedly "disappeared" just 30 minutes into the posting period; that was fixed a short while later and assume this glitch and your points posting are IT-related given the increased web traffic to the website yesterday (speculation on my end; I could be wrong).

I would hold off 'til tomorrow morning. If the points don't post tomorrow and you're looking to lock in a deal with the WOW50 offer before it expires then, I would call the airline back once more to see if they can help you get your flights booked with the points for the promotional rate. If the phone rep does not help you, I would follow up with an email or Twitter/X DM to Southwest documenting your intentions and sequence of events.