Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Credit Gone

nessoila
Explorer C

Hey all,

I had a reservation I had to cancel, and I had another passenger with me on it. I didn't add his Rapid Rewards number to the reservation though.

I selected the refund to be Flight Credit, but I only see the amount related to my ticket back to my account. I know it says that other passenger's credits to go their accounts, but since I didn't add it, is this credit gone? Is there a way I can add it now and recover the credit?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight Credit Gone

nessoila
Explorer C
Solution

For anyone else looking for an answer, I was able to figure out.

I had my friend logon into his account and go to the Flight Credit page. He could then search for the cancelled flight reservation number and add the amount to his account.

Hope this helps.

Re: Flight Credit Gone

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@nessoila wrote:

For anyone else looking for an answer, I was able to figure out.

I had my friend logon into his account and go to the Flight Credit page. He could then search for the cancelled flight reservation number and add the amount to his account.

Hope this helps.

That's right - the credit exists in limbo with the confirmation number whether the passenger has an account or not. If you want to view your list of credits though, you need an account.

There is an opportunity if your friend takes their credit and books a WGA+ ticket, cancels that ticket, then the credit could be transferrable one-time to someone else (you). 

Otherwise travel credit remains in the passenger's name regardless who paid for it originally.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.