Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hurricane Irma

bjb57
Explorer C

My elderly parents are due to fly out of RSW this Sunday.  Southwest has offered to change itineraries free of charge up to 14 days from the scheduled departure.  I tried to change their flight to Tuesday.  The Southwest website clearly shows that Tuesday flights are available.  However, when I try to process this change a message saying "oops this price is no longer available" and suggesting that I go back to the same page on the website that I just used.  What is the problem?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Hurricane Irma

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bjb57 wrote:

My elderly parents are due to fly out of RSW this Sunday.  Southwest has offered to change itineraries free of charge up to 14 days from the scheduled departure.  I tried to change their flight to Tuesday.  The Southwest website clearly shows that Tuesday flights are available.  However, when I try to process this change a message saying "oops this price is no longer available" and suggesting that I go back to the same page on the website that I just used.  What is the problem?

Southwest's absymal IT, probably. Could be a "glitch," or it's also possible that the new flight has sold out and the system doesn't reflect that yet.

I'd recomend calling. Be prepared for a long hold time.